DIY Chalkboard Paint Closet Doors

My studio is not huge, and I'm really trying to use all of the surfaces/space that I can.  I was surfing on Pinterest (you can follow me here: Cassie Marie), and I came across a recipe for DIY Chalkboard paint. 
So, naturally I had to try it. 
028
I lightly sanded my closet doors, and then made the paint using some flat wall paint that I already owned.  You can find the recipe for the paint here: Chalkboard Paint.  
034
It turned out really well!  I'm going to make some more for a large chalkboard for our kitchen soon too!  It is nice to be able to use the doors for sketches, to-do-lists, and just doodling. :)
035
This saves a ton of money, especially if you are doing a large area, or wanting to use up old paints.  
Lastly, Rascal says hi!
DSC_0901

7 comments:

  1. what a brilliant idea!! that chalk drawing of the bunny is amazing. And, Hi Rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! I'm copying you and doing this to my closet doors, as well. Love it!!

    Coffee & Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I also love your new thrift finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are planning the exact same thing in our downstairs office - though we've been looking at using barn door sliders

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great!! I saw that tutorial too but I couldn't think of where to paint.. you just got some ideas flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I had no idea you could just paint a chalkboard! Thanks for sharing Cassie, this is great!! Now I'm looking for spots in the house to fit a chalk board in, be great if I could draw too:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!
    Andre - I'm pretty sure we are all on some same weird wavelength in SD - I think it is something in the water! haha.
    Jessi & Anna - I've thought about doing this on a plywood board and just hanging it from the wall. If our refrigerator wasn't stainless steel, I'd probably paint that as well -hehe

    ReplyDelete